8/18/17

Outfit Recap 8/18/17

|
Hello and happy Friday! I am wishing I could fly to St. Louis today to celebrate my friend Carylee's birthday with her today, but that wasn't in the cards with everything happening here at home. So we'll have to settle for virtual celebrations instead! This week I survived Middle School registration and orientation for my oldest, which brought back lots of memories! Thankfully my son acted like it was no big deal, and I'm hoping he still feels the same way when school actually starts next week! Here are some outfits I've been wearing lately with a few notes on fit for items that are still in stock.

Outfit Recap:

ONE: Black Lace Trim Blouse, Jeans
Top: c/o Amazon | Jeans: Express | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Earrings: Kendra Scott 

This top is an easy, no-fuss, throw-on-and go blouse with lace detail at the hem and sleeve to give a little extra oomph to its simple styling. The fabric is very lightweight and satin-y with no stretch. It runs true to size but with a bit of a boxy, oversized fit and a wide neck so it was still easy to get on and off despite not having any back or side zippers. It also comes in a pretty, light peachy-pink shade, though I'm not sure if that version would be more sheer since the fabric is so thin.

These shoes are a very budget-friendly (under $30) version of a Vince Camuto pair that I've always liked. They're reasonably comfortable for the price and also come in mauve and black.

TWO: Burgundy Tee, White Shorts
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Abercrombie | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Necklace: c/o Amazon

Fit Notes: 
I have purchased several of these tees this summer because I love the fit and all the color and print options they have. I was sizing up for a relaxed fit, but after a couple of wears I found out they were stretching out too much. So for my newer purchases I've opted to go with my normal size knowing they'll stretch a bit and I'm hoping that works out better for the long run.

These shorts do run a bit big. I didn't size down but they do stretch out a bit after wearing so I probably should have done so and would advise going down a size if you're considering a pair for yourself.

These espadrilles run true to size but only come in half-sizes for 6.5 and smaller. I normally wear a 7.5 shoe and the 7s fit great in these.

THREE: Striped Tee, Jeans
Tee: Abercrombie | Jeans: Express | Necklace: c/o Amazon | Shoes: Lucky Brand (Additional Sizes Here) | Bag: Amazon

Fit Notes: 
This is the exact t-shirt as in outfit one and I also bought my normal size in this. Sadly, the stripes are sold out but they do have some great new colors out for fall and a camo print that's calling my name since I seem to be on a camo kick lately (e.g. my jeans here and jacket in this post). UPDATE: It looks like they moved the product listing to the clearance section and there are some sizes of the striped option here.)

FOUR: Lace Trim Cami, Jean Shorts
Cami: Express (50% off) | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Similar) | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Target  

Fit Notes: 
This cami is currently 50% off and runs true to size. It's such a pretty piece and I'm hoping to brainstorm some ways to transition it into a more fall-friendly outfit.  These sandals run true to size and come in two other colors (Black and White). Target is also currently having their BOGO 50% off shoe sale, which is a great time to snag a couple of pairs! I will be sharing a few that caught my eye in a Saturday Shopping post tomorrow.

FIVE: Black Cami, Camo Shorts
Cami: Banana Republic (wearing XS Petite) | Shorts: Sanctuary | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Stella & Dot

Fit Notes: 
At 5'4" I am just on the cutoff of Regular vs. Petite sizing, but I never seem to like the way Petite sizes fit. This cami is an exception! It's still plenty long enough for my torso but fits through my bust and torso the way most tops in this size do from other brands. If you want a second pair of sandals to get during the Target BOGO sale, these pearl slides are great too. True to size and very comfortable.

SIX: Plaid Shirt, Jean Shorts
Shirt: c/o Romwe | Tank: Target  (Similar) | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: c/o Amazon | Bag: Amazon 

Fit Notes: 
This plaid shirt is "One Size," but I think it will work best for size XS or Small. Thanks to this post by Erin for the outfit inspiration here!  This bag has been out of stock in this color for a couple of years (really!), and I just found it in this color again! It's a longtime favorite of mine but I tried to take a break from posting it as much because I couldn't find a great similar option. It's $40, but it looks like they only have a couple left in this size so I wouldn't wait too long to order it!

SEVEN: White Cami, Black Shorts
Cami: Banana Republic (Wearing XS Petite) | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Sandals: Sam Edelman (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Stella & Dot

Fit Notes: 
This is the same cami as Outfit Four, only in white. Again I opted for the Petite sizing on this after trying the Regular version and finding it too roomy in the bust and under arm area. These shorts ran true to size for me.

And that does it! Have a great weekend!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Hope to see you on the Fancy Friday linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great casual look, I'm finally thinking of parting ways with the rest of my barcelona camis. I almost got the BR version, really I should have.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way those Abercrombie tees fit you! I need a new grey and a striped one and will have to keep those in mind! The black top with lace detailing is so pretty! I love the detailing of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! I would wear every one of these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These outfits are great! I love the black first top. It is so cute. I also really like those Banana camis. I might have to try them! I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a bad blogger friend and am so behind on your posts!! Thank you for the birthday wishes and the shout out! And the gifts and the texts!! And I really love the way burgundy looks on you! That outfit is so fab with those espadrilles! Love it!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!