8/21/17

Camo Jeans Outfit Ideas

|
One thing I've really been trying to do more of on the blog is sharing multiple ways to wear one piece. This month I've been on top of that goal with my posts on three ways to wear a camo jacket and a grey blazer. I may run out of steam for these posts by September, but since I'm on a roll I'm sharing six ways to wear camo pants! I'm really loving this pair from Express. They ran true to size for me, are very comfortable, and very easy to use in place of regular jeans with most of my wardrobe basics.


ONE. Denim Jacket Outfit
Jacket: Nordstrom | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express  | Bag: c/o Amazon | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Necklace: Stella & Dot

TWO. Black Portofino Shirt Outfit
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

THREE. Neutral Cardigan Outfit
Cardigan: Abercrombie (Current) | Tee: Target | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Shoes: Lucky Brand | Bag: Amazon

More Casual Outfits:

FOUR. Grey Tee Outfit
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Bag: Sole Society | Shoes: Converse

FIVE. White Eyelet Cami Outfit
Cami: AbercrombieJeans: ExpressShoes: Charming Charlie | Bag: c/o Amazon

SIX. Black Tee Outfit
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Necklace: Stella & Dot

Monday Motivation: The Mental Diet
It's been a few weeks since I've shared anything substantial in this series, but I recently read a blog post that really got me thinking and I wanted to share it with you all as well. The writer of the blog (Audrey) used the phrase "Mental Diet" to refer to the process she went through of eliminating various TV shows, movies, books, etc. from her life because they weren't having a positive impact. I related to that completely, and it reminded me of a similar discussion I had earlier this month with my Instagram friend Kristi. We each talked about how we had to stop following certain accounts because of the negative vibes they were bringing to our life through what they shared. Whether it was due to chronic complaining on Instagram stories or even the portrayal of a lifestyle that made us feel "less than" about each of our own relatively fortunate circumstances in life. At some point we had to draw a line and say, "This is not adding to my happiness and it's in my own best interest to stop allowing it to be a part of my life."

It's not my place to tell anyone what they can or cannot post on their blog or Instagram, what kinds of books should or shouldn't be written, or what TV shows and movie should or shouldn't be produced. However it is entirely my place to adjust my content consumption habits for my own benefit! This year, I added the consumption of Audiobooks to my Mental Diet, mostly of the non-fiction, positive vibes or self-development variety and I have felt the mental changes for the better. Yet if I'm honest with myself I know there are still a few things I need remove from my mental diet. This week, I'm going to start small and eliminate just one of those things (for me it's a time-wasting website!) and see if it doesn't have a positive effect. I know that by sharing this commitment here on the blog I'm ten times more likely to follow through, so feel free to share below if you're working on any kind of Mental Diet yourself and let's keep each other accountable this week!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. these camo pants looks so good on you, I wish I could pull them off. I love the idea of a Mental diet and I've been doing that. I have a long way to go but there's so many little habits that just don't contribute to our happiness.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! What a great look! I love camo pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a mental diet. There are so many things that I know that if I eliminate, I would feel much better. I'm going to make a list and then start out small to see how it goes! I'm so glad you shared this! Camo pants are my favorite and I love all of these styling ideas!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those camo pants and how you have styled them. I love each of those outfits. The mental diet is in need around here. I like your idea to cut out one thing this week. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love this post. I always love posts that share multiple ways to wear one thing, but camo pants aren't something I would ever buy so it's helpful to see how versatile they are on you! I also love the idea of the mental diet. I often justify following various accounts that I end up comparing myself to and feeling negative because I think, "I need to follow them to see what they are doing to get ideas" but I think it just ends up being bad. Anyway thanks for the food for thought!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pants fit you like a glove!

    I love the mental diet idea. For me, I've taken a huge step back from posting on ig and snap, and I feel like it's made a difference in my overall wellbeing. For a while there, I was so caught up in it that nate was starting to get annoyed! He doesn't really mind being an insta husband, but pulling it back has been good for our relationship. I don't think people realize how it can impact friendships when the other person is constantly on the phone. It's a fine line lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these looks! I really like them with your camel cardigan and your eyelet cami! Definitely looks I need to recreate once I can fit in my pair again! I like pairing my camo pants with pink and coral colors, but should try neutral colors like you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that camo is so popular this fall! I need a new pair of camo pants and this is great inspiration. I really like the camel/camo pairing!

    I've never heard the term mental diet, but I am totally onboard with the concept. I've been trying to add only positive things, but there are definitely a few things that I could probably remove.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to see you in camo (and a denim jacket!) And yes to the idea of a mental diet. I will have to take mental notes this week of all the things that make me feel icky or negative and see if I can nip that in the bud. Such an easy fix but we drive ourselves crazy by not just eliminating it altogether!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so touched that my post resonated with you! Thank you so much for sharing it!!
    Also, how can you include camo pants in so many outfits??! And sometimes their the key statement and sometimes they're subtle! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are rocking these camo jams so many ways- I love it, lady!

    I really like the idea of a Mental Diet- you'll have to keep us posted on how it's working for you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of them but the black top pairing is my fave! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these outfits look great! Camo is my go-to print!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of most of these outfits. Question - at what age do you think it would be a "trying to look too young" thing to wear camo pants??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I hate to put an age limit on anything! I think camo is more a personal style thing than an age-appropriate thing. If a woman is 95 and wants to rock camo more power to her! LOL. But if you're personally worried about "trying to look to young" then I'd go for pairing them with more classic and slightly more dressed-up pieces (e.g. the black blouse outfit) so you have a more sophisticated vibe rather than the casual looks (e.g. the one with sneakers), which I suppose could be seen as more youthful. But in my honest opinion, from following your blog you I think are way too young to be worried about that at all. :)

      Delete
  15. first, i love the sharing of multiple ways to wear something because i never would have thought to add a pair of camo pants to my wardrobe but i love this! you've shown me how versatile they are.
    i loved audrey's post about the mental diet. i've noticed what a negative impact certain tv shows have on my mood and attitude so i have cut them out of my life (mainly 'reality' shows and shows like gossip girl or pretty little liars), but i've also stopped myself from obsessing/wasting time on certain websites or following certain people on social media. it's amazing what a small change can do to your attitude or whatever. i need to add more self development kind of books to my audiobook rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!